Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Their confidentiality is our responsibilities..

Please..please..respect their confidentiality..


This place may not be the best place to post this, but I have no idea where else, so, I really hope, by any chance, 'you' may come across here and read this post..

Just now i just browsed through my friend's photos to update myself of 'A'..I was shocked to see that 'A' uploaded few photos of cadavers..I can clearly see the face of the cadavers.. "Ohh, this is VERY wrong, dear.."
As a medical student, I understand that we get excited when we first doing the dissection..Indeed, it is true..But, we should always remind ourselves that the body used to be a normal human, like us, before..My tutor used to say, whenever we want to touch the body, touch them WITH RESPECT, as if they were you grandpa or grandma (because most of cadavers in our dissection room are elderly ppl)..Plus, we are not allowed to say something 'bad' about the body, make jokes or something..One more point to ponder, when we were dissecting, we should put all of the *extras* like fats, skin, flesh, inside a special bowl, which will be collected until the body is ready to be returned to their family, am I right? This is what we have been practising at Monash, and Im pretty sure it will be the same elsewhere..The bowl will be specific, one bowl for one body..We are not allowed to throw away the *extras* at any dustbin or sink, right? But, hey, we should be thankful mate, there are persons like 'the body' that willing to donate their body so that we can learn something..Think of it..

I really hope that you will remove all the photos..Lets think, if the family of the body, by any chance, see the photos, they can sue you for your action, dear..I know, you have no intention to hurt anyone, but in this case, what I can say is that, "U are very wrong, dear.." So please..please remove the photos a.s.a.p. and learn a lesson; "Respect their confidentiality, mate.." TQ.

**Short message to my ukh tersayang: Busy ny akk sy sorg ni, lm kte tak contact kn..? takpe, sy faham, mesti penat kan..:) smg setiap urusan akk dipermudahkanNua..btw, sy pun dh sihat sepenuhnya, alhmdulillah..jzkk atas doa akk juga..take care ok? luv u FILLAH :)

No comments: